Thursday, May 10, 2007

Air Deccan and the Trip Status

I am taking Jaggu very seriously. Especially with this ride going on. So i call up air Deccan and ask for postponement of the flight. They say 4500 bucks extra for both of you gentlemen.
I say.. cancel it..
She says Zero for you hotshots.
So i call up jaggu,.. talk a bit. The ride is on.. 8Th June 2007 again. He says he is gonna handle his mom and dad.
I am mentally preparing to be a wing man.
Jaggu came over last evening to pay me for the flight i booked. over talks he revealed that his top speed was 75-80 KMPH and that his bike had already seized at his yelagiri ride.
WTF. I ride at 105 constant on delhi highways. So i suggest that i ride his "right" sided gear bike on highways.
Jaggu smiles away. So i guess i am wing man
One biker called me up and pledged his crime-star tank bag to me. Not that i cant buy one,
Well the dwaraka, gujarat ride, the "crime-star" tore up. The manufacturer cried foul saying user error. OK Fine. Later, the manufacturer did fix it and got +300 points from me. The saddle bag does not last 4000 km of rough terrain. On the manufacturers advice (he told me to go to a "bag repair shop"), before the Himalayan solo ride 2006 I stitched it up at a cobbler's place (-500 points). And it tore before Chandigarh on the other side. Contingency planning had me get some safety pins. So Fixing safety pins i got it mended at CHD.

No comments: